What Makes Family Dentists Different
Having a family dentist on your speed dial is extremely important if you have a growing child and older people in your family. At any point in life, family dentist Northborough helps you in taking care of the oral health of every family member.
Children usually have different dentistry needs than adult people, and skilled dentist in Northborough MA, offer comprehensive oral care to permanent teeth, baby teeth, and every tooth in between.
So, if you are tired of visiting different dentists to fulfill the needs of your family, then it is the right time to switch to a Northborough family dentist.
Difference Between General Dentist and Family Dentist
The main difference between a family dentist and a general dentist is that their practices are usually different. A general dentist can usually serve as your primary care dentist. So, they will often refer you or your family to other dentists with more specialized knowledge, like children being referred to pediatric dentists for better oral care.
On the other hand, the family dentist often serves as a one-stop solution for all your family’s dental care needs. Inside, their office you will be able to find a pediatric dentist, endodontics, general dentist, and so on.
In short, you will get many specialized dentists under one roof. So, scheduling appointments will be a hassle-free process.
Services Provided By a Family Dentist
Some services provided by a family dentist are as follows.
- Regular Dental Cleaning
- Fluoride Therapy
- Identifying dental issues and filling
- Gum disease therapy
How to Find a Family Dentist?
Not all dental clinics that advertise treatment for the whole family are family dentists. Some may only be a general dentist and not a family group. So, before you decide to switch to the family dental group, it is best to consider the following things.
- Think of your and your family’s needs. Does any one of you suffer from periodontitis? Will one of you ever need braces? If that is true, it is best to look for a family dentist that offers an orthodontist and periodontist.
- If you have children, try to find out the group that actually has a pediatric dentist. It is because a general dentist has not been trained to handle the specific needs of your child’s dental health.
- If you and your family’s needs are different, then it is best to do your homework and ask about them the procedures and equipment available in the office before making a decision.
Benefits of Opting For a Family Dentist
- When you opt for a family dentist Northborough like Lavana Family Dental, you will get treatment for all your family members under one roof only.
- Family dentists provide optimum oral health.
- The best thing about choosing a family dentist is that you can find suitable scheduling for all your family members.
- You will get comprehensive oral care.
- You can even get a treatment plan that is customized for you.
- Family dentists will instruct you and your family on oral health and hygiene.
In summary, a family dentist can provide a lot of benefits to the patient and their whole family. Of course, keeping your family’s dental health in great shape does not start in the dental office, but it starts at your home.
So, you should ensure that you and your family follow proper oral hygiene at home that incorporates brushing teeth at least for 2 minutes twice a day, flossing, and rinsing with mouthwash.
At least visit your family dentist every 6 to 12 months for the oral examination, so if any dental issue is there, you will get to know in advance.
If you are searching for the best family dentist in Northborough MA, then visit Lavana Family Dental. By providing proper dental care, they will help you to make your and your family’s life a lot easier.
How To Keep Your Immune System Healthy While In Quarantine