Want to Know How To Get GST Number? how to apply for GST number for Individual or Business? What is GST Number? Documents Required for GST Number? how to find GST number by name then you are in the right article.
What is GST
Good and Service Tax is abbreviation as GST is an indirect tax used in India on the supply of goods and services. According to the Indian Government rules If you running a Business and Provide Product and Sevices to your customer and your Business Turn over is more than Rs. 40 lakh then must be followed and register Good and Service Tax(GST).
If you running a business in the North-Eastern states and hill states and your business Turnover is more than Rs.10 lakh then you also followed GST.
What is GSTIN Format
Once you apply GST online, After successful registration, the taxpayer will get a 15 digit unique number called GSTIN (Goods and Services Tax Identification Number).
1st 2 Digits: This is the state code as per the Indian Census 2011
Next 10 Digits: This is PAN Number of the respective Taxpayer.
13th Digits: This serial number of registrations the business entity has for business verticals in the state, under the same PAN. It can range between from 1 to 9 for businesses with up to 9 business vertical registrations in the state and for more than 9 registrations, from A-Z. In most cases, it will be 1.
14th Digits: By default for everyone it will be “Z”.
15th Digits: It is an alphanumeric code denotes as a ‘checksum’
GST Code for State:
|State||State Code||State||State Code|
|Jammu & Kashmir||01||West Bengal||19|
|Delhi||07||Daman & Diu||25|
|Rajasthan||08||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||26|
|Bihar||10||Andhra Pradesh(Before Division)||28|
|Meghalaya||17||Andaman & Nicobar Islands||35|
Eligibility for GST registration
• Citizens who have already registered the Income Tax Department before the introduction of GST
• Casual taxable individuals
• Non-resident taxpayers
• The agents of a supplier and Input service distributors
• All individual who has an e-commerce business
• Businessmen having a turnover of more than Rs. 40 lakh
• Businessmen having a turnover of more than Rs. 10 lakh in case of Jammu and Kashmir, North-Eastern states, Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh
• Taxpayers under the reverse charge mechanism also have to register
• Citizens who supply goods through an e-commerce organization
• Individuals offering online data and database access to Indian citizens from outside the country
Types of GST registration Recommended H2 tag
The different categories of GST registration are as follows:
• Normal taxpayers: This is the category where most businesses fall under.
• Casual taxable person: People who wish to open a shop for a brief period or a particular season can choose this category.
• Non-resident taxable person: People who live outside the country but supply goods and services to citizens in India.
• Composition taxpayers: People who have registered under the Composition Scheme or wish to choose the scheme to fall under this category. These taxpayers cannot obtain the input tax credit.
Documents Required for GST Registration
- Aadhaar card of the person
- PAN (Permanent Account Number) card of the person
- Mobile Number & Email Id
- Address proof of the business location
- Bank account statement of the individual or the company
- A canceled cheque from the individual or the company
- A digital signature is required
- The address and identity proof of the Director or the Promoter or the Partner or the Trustee has to be submitted along with photos
How to Get GST Number
For Got Gst Number you need to Apply to GST for Individual or Business through Online or go to the nearest local registered GST Seva Kendra.
How to Apply for GST Number
Step1: Visit GST Official Website
For GST Apply Online open your Web browser and search https://www.gst.gov.in/ or visit GST official website on GST portal.
After that Tap on Services and click on Registration. then click on New Registration.
Step2: Enter Basic Details about You
In the drop-down menu, ‘I am a’ choose taxpayer.
Then, select the state/UT and district of your business. Then, enter the Legal name of your Business, PAN number, Valid mobile number, and Valid email id.
After that Enter Captcha and click on Proceed.
You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number and email id. Enter the OTP and verify
Step3: Enter Temporary Reference Number and Verify
You will be given a Temporary Reference Number. Then in the New Registration page, Enter Temporary Reference Number and enter the captcha code. Click Proceed.
You will receive another OTP on your email id and registered mobile number. Enter this OTP and click Proceed.
Then click on the Edit icon.
Step4: Fill Business and Bank Details
Here documents that you need to upload are – address proof of the business, photographs, the authorization form, bank account number, IFSC code, bank name and branch, the taxpayer’s constitution.
Step5: Verify your Application
Once you completely filling the enrolment application need to digitally sign the application.
Go to Verification Tab. Check the declaration box. You can submit the application through any one of these ways – submit with EVC (Electronic Verification Code) method or submit with the E-Signature method or submit with DSC (Digital Signature Certificate) method.
Digitally signing using DSC is mandatory in the case of LLP and Companies.
After that, the success message is displayed. You will receive the acknowledgment in the next 15 minutes on your registered e-mail address and mobile phone number. Application Reference Number (ARN) receipt is sent on your e-mail address and mobile phone number.
How to Check GST Number is Valid of Fake
Step1: Visit GST Portal
Visit the GST Portal.
Step2: Click on Search Taxpayer
Tap on Search Taxpayer and in the drop-down menu, there is three option, click any one Search by GSTIN/UIN or Search by PAN or Search Composition Taxpayer.
Step4: Enter GSTIN/UIN number and Search
After that, Enter GSTIN/UIN number and click on Search.
If the GSTIN is Correct, you can see the full information of the taxpayers.
If the GSTIN is Incorrect, An Error message will be displayed on your screen.
How to track GST number registration status / ARN number status online
Step1: Visit GST Portal
Visit the GST Portal.
Step2: Click on Track Application Status
After that Tap on Services then click on Registration and Track Application Status.
Step3: Enter ARN number and click Search
The next step enters the ARN number and clicks on Search.
After that, it shows containing your Form No. which you have received ARN for along with the description of from description and the status of your application.
GST Rate Slabs
Goods and services are divided into five different tax slabs for collection of tax – 0%, 5%, 12%, 18% and 28%. However, petroleum products, alcoholic drinks, and electricity are not taxed under GST and instead are taxed separately by the individual state governments, as per the previous tax system.
There is a special rate of 0.25% on rough precious and semi-precious stones and 3% on gold.
Most Search GST Slabs Rate
- GST on GOLD: 3%
- GST on Real estate: 12%
- GST on Cement: 18%
- GST on Resturant: 12%(Non AC), 18%(AC or Five stars)
- GST on AC: 28%
- GST on Laptop: 18%
- GST on Property: 12%
- GST on Transport: 18%
- GST on Hotels: 18-28%
- GST on Under Construction Property: 12%
- GST on Security Services: Not Update
- GST on Electronics: 18-28%
- GST on Insurance: 18%
- GST on lic premium: 18%
- GST on Electricity: Exempt from GST
- GST on Commercial Property: 12%
- GST on Air Ticket: 5%(Economic class), 12%(Business Class)
- GST on Refrigerator: 18%
- GST on Milk: Exempt from GST
- GST on Computer: 18%
- GST on Washingmachine: 28%
- GST on Stationary: 12%
- GST on ocean freight: 5-10%
If you running a business GST number is extremely essential for you. I try my best to describe how to get gstin number online for business. I hope you find a complete solution. If yes, share it with your friends on social media.
If you have any question or suggestion comment below, I try to answer it.
Also Read: How to register to vote India